13 July, 2015

Quilts Under Construction - 2Q 2015


Time for the quarterly reality check. Let's look at the Quilts Under Construction list. Things have moved around a bit, although there weren't many quilt finishes.

I've decided to make one fundamental change to this list. If blocks are being used for class samples they are no longer counted. I will make and remake blocks many times in the course of teaching. As they are for demo purposes and not necessarily intended to be a finished quilt, I don't think it is right to include them in this particular list. Of course, that only took 2 things off the list... Hmm. I wonder if I wasn't counting them all before and I just cleaned that up? Oh well.

There was steady work on a number of quilts while others just sat and sat there. I think it might be time to make a booking on a long arm to get a few of those tops done. Or teach my kids to baste because that is the part I hate the most.

Quilt Tops Ready for Quilting

1. Cosmos Blocks
2. Improv Sampler
3. Checkerboard from Sunday Morning Quilts
4. Slaveship Quilt 
5. The Evil Genius' Triangle Quilt
7. Giant Hexagons
8. Lilac Lovely - hanging at My Sewing Room as a sample for my Improv Curves class.
9. Cirrus Solids Pinwheel top
10. Solid Sunday Morning
11. Oh Canada Quilt in Red

Quilts Being Quilted

12. Low Volume Circles - Ugh, hand quilting holding me up.
13. Antonio's Quilt - So close, yet I don't finish it.
14. Smooch -

Waiting for Binding

Nothing in this pile except for a few Just One Slab quilts for final donation.

Blocks and Process

15. Mid Mod Bee - Wishing for a single day or two this summer to get it done. I know what I want to do...
16. Hand Pieced Diamonds - Is it crazy that I feel the whole top needs to be hand pieced together?
17. More Cosmic Burst blocks
18. Name quilt for my daughter - I think this become a backing more than anything...
19. Chandelier quilt - requires some unsewing and I'm just not motivated to do this.
20. Liberty Circles
21. Respite - a project started in a Bill Kerr design workshop
22. Pieced Stars - in recent weeks I've made a few more stars. Crazy precision piecing kick I've been on.
23. The Water Quilt
24. Low Volume Shoeman's Puzzle/Slab blocks - This one has been on my mind lately. Made more low volume slabs while teaching and they could be added. Just need to make more templates.
25. A values quilt in neutrals - I know I said I wasn't counting class blocks, but I now have enough blocks to turn this into a quilt. Maybe very soon.
26. Green/Yellow/Orange Improv blocks  - Part of these are being kept as class samples, but a big chunk of them are now turning into a quilt for my son.
27. Edges/Studio Stash Play
28. Beach Grass Take 2
29. Y2K quilt - Up to 16 rows now. Out of 50.
30. Another leaders and enders project, intended to be like Up, Up, and Away from Sunday Morning Quilts
31. Round and Round blocks - Up to 16 of these now.
32. Snippets on Dates - These are coming together. When I am in the mood for the mess again I will finish it. So, so close.
33. Circle Lattice - Finished three blocks now, and started the fourth.
34. Leftovers from Modern Paris - These may come into play soon as the couple I made the quilt for are now expecting a baby.
35. Gee's Bend inspired blocks after my trip to Alabama - I made up the small blocks into 1 large block, but now I think it needs more.
36. Paperless paper piecing block from my class with Cristy Flincher. I think it needs to be the start of a medallion quilt.
37. The girls' clothes turned into a quilt with the Gee's Bend quilters.
38. Improv work with Cotton and Steel Fabrics that I started for my CreativeLive Improv Quilting Basics class.
39. Blue Improv - pulled out some class sample I've used over the years and played with them for CreativeLive Improv Quilting Basics. Now I think I have a plan for them.
40. The X-Plus blocks I used in the Creative Live Quilting with Low Volume Fabrics class.
41. A whole bunch of pinwheels that I'm playing with. Started as prep for my CreativeLive Pinwheel Play class.

Finished

Precious - an all voile quilt
A Vintage Spin quilt that hasn't been gifted yet, so I can't share it.

Two magazine projects are now published, but I've only shared one so far.
Argyle (Version I and II)
Watch for the other one to be posted in the next week or two. Both are in the latest issue of Modern Patchwork.

Plus, I made some clothes. A dress, 3 Lindens, 2 skirts for my girls.

8 comments:

Andrea R said...

This list helps me feel less crazy. Mine's about as long.

( I don't teach classes, make patterns or write books though... would like to?)

audrey said...

Your list seems a bit smaller that it was? I have a similar list although I'm top heavy on the completed quilt tops ready to quilt, less blocks and 'in-progress' tops. Love seeing this though! It's great to see the real quilter list.:)

Leanne said...

Well, your list is even longer than mine. It's a good list, loads of good projects on it.

Anonymous said...

I just entered my list into a spreadsheet. I'm afraid it's about as long as yours, plus I have promised to make my kids pajamas. I find it difficult to refrain from starting something new, though, even though my Under Construction list is so long!

Dianne said...

My, that is quite the list. Way too many balls for me to keep in the air. Thankfully my list is much much shorter

Brackettjames said...




IF YOU NEED A GENUINE AND PROFESSIONAL HACKING services KINDLY CONTACT: ALEXGHACKLORD@GMAIL. COM 
These are professional group of hackers beyond human imaginations... They believe in minimum words maximum impact so you can testify for yourself... they penetrate all websites databases without traces ...Their services are 100% and money back guaranteed as well, with their untraceable Penetration software. They offer the following services;
-Help Sign up to ILLUMINATI and get famous faster
-Increases Youtube subscri bers,likes and views and also instagram followers
-Account money multipalication
-Loading of bitcoin without any upfront
-Unlimited Blank ATM Card with Tracking code for pick up
-Loading Bank account
-Clears bad Driving
-Tracking Locations of Victims
-We do Crediting of account with credit card no upfront
-SPYWARE FOR ALL SOCIAL MEDIA CONVERSATIONS
-Western Union MTCN and Moneygram hack
-Itune card hacking
-Removal of old credit score
-University grades changing
-Erase criminal records hack
-Facebook hack
-Twitters hack
-email accounts hack
-Grade Changes hack
-Website crashed hack
-server crashed hack
-Skype hack
-Databases hack
-Word Press Blogs hack
-Individual computers hack
-Control devices remotely hack
-Burner Numbers hack
-Verified Paypal Accounts hack
-Any social media account hack
-Android & iPhone Hack
-Text message interception hack
-email interception hack
- credit card for free online transactions
-Untraceable Ip etc.
you will never regret any of their services. Friends i refer you to them trust me they are computer internet gurus........

myslot said...

สล็อตxo เกมสล็อตออนไลน์เกมนี้มีดีกว่าที่คุณคิด ติดจะเล่น slotxo ฟรีเครดิตเล่นที่นี่ https://www.slot4u.com/slotxo

lnwslot789 said...

ดูหนังฟรี หนังออนไลน์ที่คมชัดเต็มระบบ ทั้ง 4K HD สนุกง่ายๆ กับ Doraemon: Great Adventure in the Antarctic Kachi Kochi โดราเอมอน ตอน คาชิ-โคชิ การผจญภัยขั้วโลกใต้ของโนบิตะ (2017)